Freitag, 10. Oktober 2014

Alpine Beauty Queens



German: Muh!  - English: Moo!

But: this beauty doesn't speak any English - it's an "Allgäuer Brauvieh" or "Allgaeu brown cattle", originated from Central Switzerland.

In my humble opion one of the most beautiful cow species we have in Germany.

Did you see its fluffy ears and beautiful eyebrows???


On our hike from the Gaisalpe ("Goat Alp") along the Wallrafweg to Oberstdorf we suddenly walked into a herd of these trusting, friendly and photogenic cattle.


Obviously they were used to come into contact with mountain hikers and mountain bikers every now and then; they were far away from being hectically or nervously when we stand amidst of them.


Are you also able to lick your nostrils with your tongue!?!?! ;-)


This is what I called a "place of work" (--> beef steak production!) with a magnificent view!


And after a series of ore than 30 photos: enough is enough! ;-)


Hol - la re - dl du-li - ri,  di ri - dl - du - li - a, di ri - dl - du - li - a, ...

15 Kommentare:

  1. Fantastic, the cows and the scenery, well done.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Perfect views and cows.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Sweet animals! I love their hairy ears and I think they have beautiful eyes. Beautiful scenery as well. I wish you a peaceful Sunday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ok - kannst Du in diese Augen schauen und an Steak denken? Wie gut das ich Vegetarier bin! Tolle Bilder von unseren einheimischen Viechern.Tolle Landschaft zum Wandern!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Dear Uwe - They are really photogenic, much more than our deer in Nara Park. “Allgaeu brown cattle” is the most beautiful cow I’ve ever seen. They have beautiful and gentle eyes, too. I think their nature is reflected in their appearance. Thanks for sharing.

    Yoko

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh, my. Those cows are gorgeous! I never thought I'd say something like that. Haha. Also love the views of the country.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. They really are beautiful beasts. I believe that giraffes can clean their ears with their tongue - that's a really clever trick!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Anonym14/10/14

    I love these Uwe

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Are these BOOKS!?? ;)

    Our cows say "ammuu" and they are black and white usually. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. That first image is really cool, love the perspective

    Mollyxxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. They are pretty! I like the ones that have the long hair!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Wow! What a view, amazing. I love cattle and these guys are gorgeous. Love their hairy ears and love their bells. When I worked on a cattle station the leader of the milker heard had a bell so the herd could be found easily.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Excellent cattle shots (I must admit I have a bit of an irrational fear of cows).

    Thanks for linking up with Photo fo the Week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Hurmaavaa! Lovely images;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Die sind wirklich wunderschön, und das leicht ausgestellte Bein in Foto 4 ist tatsächlich eine echte Modelpose! Ich wprde gerne ein bißchen Stadt gegen ein bißchen Landluft eintauschen ...
    ein schönes Wochenende!

    AntwortenLöschen